Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
C-TPAT is a voluntary government-business initiative to build cooperative relationships that strengthen and improve overall international supply chain and U.S. border security. C-TPAT offers trade-related businesses an opportunity to play an active role in the war against terrorism. ClearFreight has been a certified C-TPAT member since 2003 and was successfully validated and revalidated by Customs. CBP will offer benefits to certain certified C-TPAT member categories, including:
- A reduced number of CBP inspections (reduced border delay times)
- Priority processing for CBP inspections. (Front of the Line processing for inspections when possible.)
- Assignment of a C-TPAT Supply Chain Security Specialist (SCSS) who will work with the company to validate and enhance security throughout the company’s international supply chain.
- Potential eligibility for CBP Importer Self-Assessment program (ISA) with an emphasis on self-policing, not CBP audits.
- Eligibility to attend C-TPAT supply chain security training seminars.
For more information, click here